Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Progress

So, I think my scale is broken.  The one I have is similar to the one below.


Since my last post I've weighed in every morning and my weight is the EXACT SAME.  I'm talking pounds AND ounces.  The thing has got to be broken or else not very sensitive (both to my feelings and to differing weights).  Finally yesterday I got on and I had lost 1.6 pounds.

My weeks have been going well.  I'm still low carbing it although for Valentine's Day my husband got me this:

Delicious Fruit Design®  Dipped Strawberries & Pineapple

Fruit is carb central but at least it's "good" carbs and not bad ones.

So, I'm plodding along.  This week I only made it to the gym twice.  Tuesday I did Body Pump.  I got there a little later and the class was really full so I had to get a larger weight bar than I'm used to.  I'm glad I did because I totally was able to handle the extra weight.  There's a non-scale victory!  Today (Friday) I did Zumba.  Guess who was in my class... Maria Sansone.  I think I'm only familiar with her because I grew up near Erie, so her name is familiar, but she's a host for TV Guide and recently was featured on Chris March's Mad Fashion.  This girl is so tiny.

If that wasn't enough of a kick in the pants to get moving, I came home and got the mail to find the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Magazine.  I was very tempted to rip pictures out and tape them around my house (like on the fridge) but decided against it.  I don't need my husband staring at those... 

So, this week was good.  I saw a loss on the scale and am really feeling strong.

Anyone out there see any victory this week?

No comments: