Saturday, January 28, 2012

Progress Update

I don't have any pictures yet for this blog as I'm trying to figure out what I would even show, but thought I would hop on to give an update.

Shortly after posting last week, the Weight Watchers kind of went out the window.  I'm not sure what happens, but I tend to lose interest pretty quickly with them.  Maybe because I've gone back to that program so many times on my own and in meetings that I'm just bored?  Who knows.

About a year ago just before finding out I was pregnant I had a doctor's appointment where they thought I may be having trouble with insulin and that I should go low carb.  Because I got pregnant soon after the appointment, they could not do further testing and I have not pursued the issue further.  I tend to get a little hypoglycemic in the afternoons if I haven't been eating well and this has happened for years.

So, I resurrected my Low Carb materials this week and started following that program.  I did pretty well.  I did have a couple slip ups:  My husband brought home milkshakes from Dairy Queen one night.  Luckily it was chocolate (I love vanilla) so I was able to drink only 1/4 of it and be satisfied.  Another night we went to my parent's house.  I don't know what it is about being there that I think I need a cookie, so I went scrounging for one.  I found chocolate instead (also a winner) and ate some peppermint bark.

I'm going to the gym with a friend from work.  We take classes over our lunch hours.  I managed to hit Body Pump, Pilates with a Punch and Zumba this week.  Three out of seven days at the gym probably sounds pretty weak, but I think it's pretty good.  Remember, I have a six month old at home and the last thing I want to do after not being with her all day is go to the gym for an hour, so right now lunch classes are going to have to do.

So the final progress.... I'm down 3 pounds!  Yippie!

This week I'm hoping to hit the gym three times again.  I'd go four but I'm taking a class on Mondays that is also during lunch, so I can't go that day and I HATED Pilates this week, so I will probably skip that day too.  I'm not strong enough yet for some of the poses.  I will stick with the low carb and see how things go.

I hope you had a great week too.  If you're reading, feel free to comment on your progress too.

1 comment:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

My friend and I just signed up for three free classes at a gym and we are looking at doing the Body Pump classes. How did you like those?? Fill me in! I'm proud of you for getting to the gym!!