Monday, June 7, 2010

Sorry for Leaving You Hanging

Well, we haven't been very good bloggers lately have we?  I think with the rush of starting summer, Mandi getting pregnant and whatnot we just sort of forgot to blog.

I'll give you an update on myself first.  I'm officially down 1 pound.  Whoo hoo I know.  One measly pound, but I'm at least headed in the right direction.  I have gained 6 pounds from my original loss, so I've got some work to do.

I'm still struggling to figure out what to do with my food.  Weight Watchers, count calories, cut portions, just try to go in a healthy direction?  Who knows.  Any input anyone has would be greatly appreciated.  I joined Spark People but I'm not really sure whether I'll keep up with that.  Does anyone else do it?

On a second front, my husband and I are doing a 5K in about 4 weeks.  I'm totally excited.  When I started running last summer I always felt I wasn't in shape enough to actually run a race, but this race is designed as a "walk/run family fun event" so we are going for it.  My goal is to finish without stopping.  I found a plan online we are following.  I even got my mom in on the action.  We started last week, so I'm not expecting to finish anywhere near the top of the standings, but at least we're out there.

That's all for now.  Hopefully I'll kick some butt this week on my weight loss and be back Friday to blog about my success.  Here's to hoping!

No comments: