Are you having trouble incorporating healthy oils into your diet? Getting enough oil into your diet has many wonderful benefits including the fact that it may help lower risk for heart disease and stroke. Healthy oils contain vitamin E and essential fatty acids - great things that your body needs to run efficiently. According to the Weight Watchers Good Health Guidlines, you only need to eat 2 teaspoons of oil per day. 1 teaspoon = 1 serving.
Healthy oils in Weight Watchers are:
- Olive Oil
- Canola Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Safflower Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
So just how do you get that oil into your diet? Here is a list of 25 different ways to get that healthy goodness into your body.
- Use it in cooking. Many recipes call for sauting in some sort of oil.
- Mix up a marinade for meats and/or veggies.
- Mix it with meat sauces or most sauces.
- Drizzle over pasta.
- Drizzle over popcorn.
- Drizzle over veggies.
- Drizzle over corn on the cob.
- Drizzle some over fat free cheese, It helps it to melt better.
- Mix up some salad dressing. For instance: Equal parts olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Rub it on poultry or fish before baking it.
- Rub it on steaks before grilling.
- Rub it on meats for the spices and/or rubs have something to stick to.
- Rub some on a baked potato.
- Stir-fry veggies.
- Coat some homemade baked fries.
- Make garlic toast. For instance: Spread oil and garlic on bread. Broil until toasty.
- Add some to soups.
- Add to smoothies.
- Mix 2 tsps olive oil into fat-free salad dressing to stretch it further.
- Add to anything that is fat-free. Instead of the fat you're replacing it with healthy oils.
- Roast veggies with oil and your favorite spices.
- Mix into homemade salsa.
- If you eat frozen dinners, drizzle some over it.
- Make some Herb or Spice Infused Oil for dipping or cooking.
- Mix in some Butter Buds or Molly McButter, you'll have butter flavored oils.
Some of this information is courtesy of the Weight Watchers Message Boards.
We're linking up with Angie at Watch My Weight Wednesdays. Hope over to see what other healthy tips are on her blog!