Monday, April 12, 2010

Let's Get Moving!



Tonight Julie and I decided to hit the pavement and run.  It was her first time in many years.  I used to be a consistent runner last summer, but my exercise dropped off when school got busy around the first of this year.

We decided on a 2 mile run; 1 mile down the road, rest/walk and then run the mile back.  I made it both miles, but Julie only made it about 1.5 miles.  Still a very good effort!

My hope was to run a 5k next month, though I'm not sure I will be in shape for that yet.  I won't be able to tell until sometime at the beginning of May.

If you're thinking you might want to try a 5k this summer (and it's a great goal to try for) there is a REALLY easy schedule that you can find HERE.  The first workout is a 5 minute walk, 2 minute jog, 5 minute walk.  I think we all have about 12 minutes to give to a workout.

After coming home I did my circuit 1 workout which you can find under our exercise tab.  I cut out the lunges because my legs were too tired.  Don't forget to stretch!  Hope this info helps someone.  Feel free to e-mail any questions!  I'd love to hear your feedback.

1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm going to give this 5K schedule a try. Wish me luck!